Hey guys, I wanted to share a very special recipe with you this week! If you’re looking for a quick breakfast bake or something to cook the night before and enjoy throughout the week, I have the perfect dish for you!
My family refers to it as “Christmas Pie” but I’m sure it goes by many other adopted names as well.
It was a dish that was saved for only special occasions. But then, once my boys started high school, they began requesting it for breakfast. And eventually it became a “once a week” tradition in our household.
I hope you and your family will enjoy it as much as we do!
-Regular pie shell
-16 oz sausage
-1 cup of sharp cheddar shredded
-½ cup of half and half
salt and pepper to taste
1. Brown 16 oz of sausage and drain, can be done the night before or ahead of time.
2. Preheat at 350* Divide the meat and place in the pie shells first, then repeat with cheese.
3. Crack and mix eggs with milk, salt and pepper with a fork.
4. Pour over meat and cheese into pie shell. I put them both on a cookie sheet to prevent spillage. *You could add peppers, onions or mushrooms if you desired. If you do that, youll want to use a deep dish pie shell instead.*
5. Bake for 20-30 minutes, depending on size of the eggs, it will vary. You want to pull it out when the pie is nearly cooked but not completely in center.
6. Remove from over and let it rest 5-7 minutes. Serves 4 as main dish.
Let me know in the comments if you try it out and how you liked it!